星期日, 6 4 月, 2025
Home PV News Asia Chinese official calls for implementation of initial actions on Korean Peninsula nuclear...

Chinese official calls for implementation of initial actions on Korean Peninsula nuclear issue

China calls for a comprehensive and balanced implementation of the initial actions agreed at the six-party talks in February over the denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula, Chinese ambassador to the United Nations' Vienna Office said on Monday.


    At the six-party talks on Feb. 13 involving China, Japan, Russia, South Korea, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and the United States, Pyongyang pledged to shut down the Yongbyon reactor within 60 days in exchange for 50,000 tons of heavy fuel oil or equivalent aid.


    The initial actions on the Korean Peninsula nuclear issue fully reflect the political will of all parties involved — an early realization of a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula in a peaceful way, Tang Guoqiang told a special session of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).


    The initial actions play an important role in pushing the nuclear-free process forward, helping the normalization of the relationship between some countries, and safeguarding the peace and stability in northeast Asia, Tang said.


    Tang said China appreciates the efforts made by the IAEA in achieving a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula and welcomes an agreement for the nuclear verification and monitor between IAEA and the DPRK.


    The agreement was signed later last month by the DPRK and a then visiting IAEA delegation to verify and monitor the shutdown of the nuclear facilities in Yongbyon.


    China expects the IAEA to contribute to the implementation of the initial actions and play a constructive role in solving the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula, the ambassador said.


    China encourages the international community to pay more concern and support the process of six-party talks in order to further the process of a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula.


    The DPRK on Friday said it will suspend the operation of its nuclear facilities as soon as the aid it has been promised arrives.


    South Korea said that it will start sending the first shipment of heavy fuel oil to DPRK on Thursday in accordance with the Feb. 13 agreement designed to solve the nuclear standoff on the Korean Peninsula.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Ningbo Deye Will Invests 16GWh Energy Storage

Ningbo Deye Technology Group’s subsidiary locked in a pact to build a colossal energy storage facility, not only boosting its stock value but also...

Trump tariffs on solar panels to spur Chinese investment in the US

Chinese companies are likely to increase their production of solar panels in the US to mitigate any fallout from possible higher tariffs on their...

How U.S. tariffs could affect solar imports

On Feb. 1, the United States announced a 25% tariff on Mexican goods and non-oil and gas imports from Canada. Canadian oil and gas...

Solar power to energize European football, UEFA teaming up with SolarPower Europe

The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and SolarPower Europe have partnered to advance sustainability in European football through solar energy. The collaboration focuses on...